- 1 lime or lemon wedge
- Sauce of granulated sugar for coating rim of glass
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup strongly brewed Chai Lama Tea Blend, frozen into 6 to 8 small ice cubes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (1 1/4 ounces) premium tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Rub the lime wedge around the rim of an old-fashioned glass. Dip and rotate the rim in the saucer of sugar, making sure to keep the sugar on the outside. In a blender, combine the chai ice cubes, tequila, lemon juice, orange liqueur, and sugar. Blend on the pulse setting until slushy. Pour into the sugar-rimmed glass.